Thursday, February 25, 2010

When I was young...


I was born a long time ago at John Graves Ford Memorial Hospital in Georgetown, KY. I was born on a Sunday afternoon and my sister was participating in Bible School Commencement, that should have been her first hint that I was a force to be reckonded with. I was born to Dorothy Green Moore and James Edward Moore and we lived in a little house on Miss Hilma Pierce's land in Great Crossing, about 3 miles West of Georgetown. I have one sister, Linda, who is 2 years and 10 months my elder. I am sure I was a wonderful baby because most babies are!

I was named after my Grandmother, Lula Bell Green and my great aunt, Mary Florence Reynolds and my aunt, Mary Frances Cooper. I am priviledged to be named after these three sweet ladies and I hope in my life I have made them proud :) For as long as I can remember our family was always helping others. Giving them food from our garden, taking them to doctor's appointments, baking special dishes to share, honestly, the list goes on and on... Doing this was a huge deal for my family and that is so embeded in my heart! My parents used to tell me "If you take care of others, God will take care of you." That is such a true statement... I have seen it happen over and over again in my life. God blesses those that truly care for others...

No comments:

Post a Comment