Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Counting my blessings, even when I am having trouble finding them....



This year has just been so complicated so far for me, but when I look back, I see God everywhere. He has not turned His back on me or left me to figure it all out by myself, even if it does feel like He has. When I look back at the passing of my Papa Gene, I see God everywhere. He was there when we found out that the cancer was not treatable. He was there when my mom tried to care for him all by herself and it was taking such a toll on her. He was there when Hospice stepped in and started helping us cope with the dying process. He was there when Papa Gene quietly crossed over to Heaven with so much peace. The Friday night when I left his hospice room, I told him goodbye and that it was okay to go, we would take care of mom. That day was full of family and visits from friends, but you could tell that Papa Gene was experiencing pain. We all realized that it was time to let him go home...

I had a preacher tell me one time that "Early in the morning, the joy will return." So even though I left the hospital Friday night very burdened, when my mom called at 5:10 on Saturday morning, I knew for Papa Gene, the joy had returned...

Our next crazy event where we had to totally depend on God was when Lawsen took Levi's blood pressure medicine that Levi dropped on the floor. Levi did not tell anyone mainly because he has ADHD and in the mornings before he gets his medicines in his system, he is so impulsive and I'm sure he didn't even know that he dropped the pill. He certainly didn't think about Lawsen taking it. All day Lawsen did nothing but sleep and if you have met Lawsen you know he is a little fireball!!! He never stops... Late in the day Chris had the idea to ask Levi if Lawsen could have gotten his medicine. That is when Levi barely remembered dropping it. Thank God that he did remember. He felt terrible!! But God was there, keeping Lawsen from going into a coma, reminding Chris to ask about the possibility that he could have taken a pill. God was there when Jamie talked to poison control and they gave strict instructions to get him to the hospital because, this medicine could cause his heart to stop...

God was there at the hospital while the doctor and nurses were caring for Lawsen... God pulled him through and he is just fine again... God never leaves us!!

We have been through a lot this year, but thank you God for being with us every step of the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment