Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My one and only son, Jamie...


I am jumping ahead a whole lot of years to write this post. I want to honor my son, James Keith Gifford, on his 33rd birthday. Jamie entered this world on March 17th, 1977 and he is my St Patty's day gift! I was 20 years old, young, inexperienced and one sick little lady when Jamie was born. I had toxemia and pneumonia in both lungs and to be honest, both of us almost did not survive. However, God had plans and we both have seen Him at work in our lives.

Jamie was named after my daddy, James E. (Jimmy) Moore, he was so excited to have a boy in the family! Until Jamie was born, my daddy had two girls, so he was ready to be a granddaddy to his very first grandson. My momma, Dorothy and my daddy came to visit Jamie constantly, they took him everywhere and he loved them dearly! They were so instrumental in helping make Jamie the man he is today and for that, I will forever be thankful. Jamie called them Mom and Granddaddy. My daddy poured everything good that he knew into Jamie in the nine years that he had with him. When Jamie was nine, my daddy died of a massive heart attack and Jamie was crushed. This really made an impression on Jamie and even though he was just nine, he will forever have a special place in his heart for all of the things my daddy taught him.

Now, Jamie has a 23 month old son of his own, Aeden, and I love seeing them interact together. My little St Patty's day gift has grown into a wonderful, loving and caring man. Thank you God for babies...

Happy Birthday to Jamie...

No comments:

Post a Comment